Position: Human Resource Intern
The HR Intern will directly assist the HR Manager with a wide range of projects related to all aspects of HR in our organization, much like an HR Generalist. This includes working within the family of O’Day Companies: O’Day Equipment, O’Day Management, O’Day Tank & Steel and Digital Surveillance Concepts.
Specific tasks include:
• Recruitment – screens, schedules and participates in interviews for all positions within the companies.
• Employee Relations – coaches and guides management and employees through difficult conversations, disciplinary actions, and personnel conflicts.
• Employee Development – participate in bi-monthly supervisor trainings, coordinate appraisal systems and training, providing feedback and insight into success with the company.
• Compensation & Benefits – assisting with benefit enrollment, reconciliation of premiums, updating compensation strategy, and processing employee status changes.
• End of Employment – performs exit interviews, updates systems with termination information and prepares documents for necessary retention.
As well as:
• Conversion of Employee Files from paper to digital
• Research and Special Projects
• O’Day Wellness Program
• Annual motor vehicle report processing
• I-9 and E-Verify documentation and retention programs
• Onboarding and new hire orientation projects
Qualified candidates will exhibit excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), be a self-starter who takes initiative and moves the department forward successfully.